“We aim to be a Peak Performance Practice, that is one that works at its optimum level, delivering truly outstanding dentistry to our patients while fulfilling our career aims”.
- Our practices aim to provide dental care of a consistent quality, for all patients. We have management systems to help us and which define each practice member’s responsibilities when looking after you.
- In proposing treatment we will take account of your own wishes. We will explain options, where appropriate, and costs, so that you can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are doing.
- We will do all we can to look after your general health. We will ask you about your general health, and about any medicines being taken. This helps us to treat you safely. We keep all information about you confidential.
- Contamination control is also essential to the safety of our patients. Every practice member receives training in practice systems for contamination control.
- We screen all patients for mouth cancer at routine check-ups. We ask patients about tobacco and alcohol use because they increase your oral cancer risk.
- Practice working methods are reviewed regularly at meetings of all staff. We encourage all staff to make suggestions for improving the care we give patients.
- We regularly ask patients for their views on our services. We have systems for dealing promptly with patient complaints and for ensuring that lessons are learnt from any mistakes that we make.
- All dentists in the practice take part in continuing professional education, meeting the Malta Medical Council’s requirements. We aim to keep up-to-date with current thinking on all aspects of general dentistry, including preventive care which reduces your need for treatment.
- All staff joining the practice are given training in practice-wide procedures. Once a year, there is an individual review of training needs for everyone in the practice.
- All members of the practice know of the need to ensure that dentists are working safely. In the unlikely event that a dentist in this practice becomes unfit to practice, we have systems to ensure that concerns are investigated and, if necessary, acted upon.
It is our practice policy to give patients full information about the cost of their dental work before any treatment is undertaken. A list and explanation of charges and how we calculate our fees is available.
A written estimate and treatment plan will be provided.
We offer patients a range of payment options, depending on their needs.
You may pay for your dental care by cheque, cash, or credit/debit card.
We try to make payment as straightforward as possible. Our normal policy is that patients are asked to pay a proportion at each visit OR patients are asked to pay a deposit prior to the commencement of treatment and the balance on completion. Patients are asked to pay on the day of completion of treatment.
To help you decide about your treatment, we will give you an estimate of the costs involved.
Sometimes this may be modified in the light of treatment required.
Payments can be made in instalments during the course of your treatment by cash, cheque or credit card. Please talk to our receptionist for details.
For long courses of treatment a 50% deposit is usually required at the commencement of treatment
We are also happy to file insurance claims for your reimbursement for all eligible procedures.
If you are concerned about the costs of dental treatment or find the charges difficult to understand, please ask for an explanation.
DENPLAN: To facilitate planning for future ongoing dental treatment and maintenance, Savina Clinics are proud to be associated with Denplan, a regular monthly payment plan for all your dental needs. Please ask for details.