As many of our regular readers will have gathered over the past few months, we want to showcase Malta as one of the premier destinations for dental tourism.
Not only are complex dental treatments in Malta very affordable, compared to other countries such as UK, Ireland, France, Germany and Italy, but we like to think that the standard of treatment and care at Savina Clinics is up there with the very best that these countries can offer.
So, in saying all that, we were delighted to feature in Issue 1, 2018 edition of Global Medical Tourism Magazine, where we were asked questions on various topics ranging from our dedication to dental treatment innovation to what our plans are for the future at Savina Dental Clinics.
Below you can find a quick summary of the article, which may interest our new and existing clients (both local and foreign).
History Of Innovation Timeline At Savina Dental Clinics
- Savina Clinic was established in Gozo in 1985
- In the late 1980’s, we introduced porcelain laminate veneers to Malta (quite a revelation at the time in Malta)
- After that, Savina Clinic introduced new ways to administer dental anaesthesia, became a mercury-free dental practice, pioneered gum surgery as an alternative to losing teeth
- We were also one of the first practices to introduce teeth whitening and dental implants to Malta
- In 2003, one of our staff members became the first Invisalign certified practitioner for adults and is still the only person in Malta recognised as such to this day
- In 2009, Savina Clinics introduced stem cell banking from teeth to Malta
- In 2010, we installed the first ever 3D cone-beam CT scan for dental practices in Malta
- 2011 saw the introduction of digital shade-taking for optimum aesthetic dentistry
- in 2012 we were one of the first three practices to adopt 3D impression taking for same day porcelain crown bridges
- In 2013, Savina Clinics invested in laser technology for use in gum disease and implant surgery
Opening Of Skyparks Business Centre Clinic
In 2013, Savina Clinic opened a new facility in Skyparks Business Centre at Malta International Airport. The facility offers latest implants, laser surgery, piezo surgery, cone beam CT scans, same day porcelain crown and bridgework and laser tooth whitening.
The premise is a state of the art facility that offers a relaxing but professional atmosphere and equipped to provide any service relating to dentistry in one place.
Experienced And Qualified Staff
Dr Joseph Xuereb, founder and principal of Savina Clinics stated “International recognition and certifications play an important role for medical travellers as they act as a credibility stamp for the patient and their family to ensure that the institution will provide safe and quality care. It also ensures that the clinic meets international standards of care and quality treatment. While affordable prices are one of the factors that drive foreign patients to medical tourism, most patients need reassurance regarding the quality of service they will be getting.”
Savina clinic team of professionals hold postgraduate qualifications from the University of Malta, The San Raffaele Teaching Hospital in Italy and The Royal College Of Surgeons of England, which is a clear advantage in gaining the trust of patients.
Future Plans For Savina Clinics
Savina Clinics will continue to stay on the cutting edge of technology and continues to associate itself with best dental systems in their respective fields such as:
- ESPE Lava
- Scanora from Soredex
“Savina Dental is proud to be associated with these groundbreaking technologies and will continue to adopt and embrace new technologies in our aim to provide only the best for our patients.”
Have You Tried Our Free e-Consultation Service?
If you are worried about a dental related issue, interested in travelling to Malta for a dental holiday or have questions about any of the treatments we offer, please contact us using our new free e-Consultation service. One of our highly-qualified team will respond to your query as soon as possible. Our e-Consultation service is live 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to schedule an in-person consultation at Savina Dental, please book your appointment using this form.
Savina Clinic – Dental & Implantology Centres are friendly, state-of-the-art practices in Malta and Gozo dedicated to comprehensive quality dental care. Savina Dental is an innovative dental practice in Malta and prides itself on the high-quality customer service, low waiting room times, attention to detail and the advanced dental technology at their disposal.
Dr Joseph Xuereb
Dental & Implant Surgeon. Principal
Savina Dental Clinics