Why Dentists are Reporting Low Rates of Covid-19
Ever since the first case of Covid-19 was reported back in December 2019, many people worldwide have been overtaken by fear. Millions have missed their dental appointments due to the fear that they could contract the disease. However, a new survey carried out by experts from the American Dental Association shows that less than 1% of dental practitioners have caught the virus.
Experts credit the new findings to hygiene standards that dentists have always maintained in their service delivery. For decades, dentists have used disinfectants in their place of work to protect their patients. As a result of this, the chances of you contracting the covid-19 virus or any other infection at your dentist’s office are tremendously low.
Why Maintaining Your Dental Health Is Important
Remember, your dental health contributes immensely to your overall well-being.
Overlooking a dental infection could lead to other serious illnesses such as heart disease. So, what message is the American Dental Association sending to the people? Going to the dentist is safe, and with the extra precautions that dental practitioners have effected, there is no reason to miss your next appointment.
At first, visiting the dentist on the pandemic’s onset was flagged as risky by health professionals. But in the survey we have mentioned above, over 2200 dentists were involved.
The study revealed that compared to other health professionals, only 1% of dentists had contracted the notorious covid-19. About 17% of the dentists surveyed took a covid-19 test, and 82% were asymptomatic a month before the survey.
Safety Measures at Savina Dental Clinics
Here at Savina Dental Clinic, our dentists, dental hygienists and staff are on high alert. We are taking every possible precaution to safeguard our own health as well as that of our patients. Here is how we are doing it;
- Since we got back to work, we are strictly following the hygiene guidelines set by local and international authorities such as the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Only patients who are coming with their masks are allowed into our clinic. As soon as you get to the main entrance, you will find a health professional at the doorstep. They will take your temperature and only let you in if it is within the acceptable range.
- The health professional will then provide a sanitization liquid to ensure that your hands are clean. And warmly welcome you to our clinic.
- All our staff have their masks and other necessary protective gear on, including the dentists, receptionist, and dental hygienists.
- When you finally get to the treatment room, you can rest assured that all the equipment is sterilized and all work surfaces disinfected. Your safety is undoubtedly our highest priority.
- Before treatment begins, the dentist’s assistant will safely take your mask and put it in a bag. You will be given some protective goggles and protective headgear if necessary. You will then receive a special mouthwash to gargle.
As you can see, we are not taking any chances. And we urge you not to compromise your dental health by trying to treat yourself at home. Let the experts at Savina Dental Clinic do it. Our goal is to offer you world-class dental services in the safest environment possible.
Have you tried our free e-Consultation service?
If you are looking for a dental check-up in Malta or Gozo, please contact us using our online appointment form or call us now (+356) 2125 7253 (Skyparks Business Centre, Malta International Airport) / (+356) 2155 7323 (Dingli Street, Victoria, Gozo).
Savina Clinic – Dental & Implantology Centres are friendly, state-of-the-art practices in Malta and Gozo dedicated to comprehensive quality dental care. Savina Dental is an innovative dental practice in Malta and prides itself on the high-quality customer service, low waiting room times, attention to detail and the advanced dental technology at their disposal.